Printed circuit boards have been one of the mainstays of consumer and industrial electronic products from the past four decades. Earlier, electronic manufacturers were keen to assemble their PCBs in-house; however, now they are outsourcing them to reliable contract PCB assembly service providers. This trend has increased in recent years owing to several benefits offered by contract PCB assembly service providers. What are the benefits of outsourcing a printed circuit board assembly service? Read this post to find answers.
Advantages of Outsourcing a Printed Circuit Board Assembly Service
In the digital age, more number of businesses are taking off than earlier. However, as a startup, you may not have the resources, equipment, and materials to begin with. Also, even if you are an established player, considering the complexities in PCB assembling nowadays, you may want to outsource this function to a dedicated service provider. Here is where outsourcing your PCB assembly to a contract manufacturer will be effective. The following are some imminent benefits of outsourcing your PCB assembly service.
- Quality Assurance: Although the demand for quality PCBs is increasing across industries, this is only possible if you invest in the right technologies, equipment, resources, and certifications. Investing in all these may not be easy even if you plan to start a PCB manufacturing facility. Most established contract PCB assembly manufacturers have all these in place as they have to follow stringent quality controls for their clients across various industries. This allows electronics OEMs to deliver quality products to their clients, as well as save on their upfront investments, and gain the best value for their investments.
- Fast Time-to-Market Capabilities: Nowadays, all small and big electronics manufacturers are focused on building fast time-to-market capabilities. Do you think, your product will receive the same response if you launch it six months later than its due date? This is where an outsourced PCB assembly contractor can help you. How? Most of them have a strong supply chain network and business relationships with component and part brokers. This tremendously helps in cutting down the lead times. In addition to this, they are well equipped with advanced technologies and experienced resources to ensure the production of PCBs in the shortest timeframe. Taking advantage of all these, OEMs can easily introduce their finished products in the targeted markets.
- Low Costs per Unit: The cost of PCB is driven by several factors such as complexity of designs, the utility of advanced technologies, employing qualified personnel, and more. Electronics OEMs can easily achieve economies of scale by outsourcing their assembly to a contract electronics manufacturer. They don’t have to make any upfront investments, as mentioned before, so the per unit costs are reduced. They can capitalize on the reduced costs per unit and offer their products at competitive prices to maintain their lead in the electronics market.
- Opportunity for Other Services: When you outsource your PCB manufacturing to contract manufacturers you get time to focus on other business areas. How? As you are seeking services of an experienced contract printed board circuit assembly manufacturer, you can remain assured that the PCB prototypes delivered to you will be error-free. You can devote the time to address various business issues, develop new marketing strategies, and more. Also, many contract PCB manufacturers have a team of engineering experts who perform the critical failure analysis of your product, and help you identify the issues that may affect the success of your product.
- Production in Various Capacities: Most contract PCB manufacturers offer you the benefit of volume production. For them, it doesn’t matter, whether you require prototypes in a few hundred or 10,000 PCBs, they will help you with both. If you think that you can assemble high-volume PCBs at much lower costs then you need to make huge upfront investments on surface mounting equipment and inspection devices.
There are several benefits of outsourcing a printed circuit board assembly service to a contract manufacturer, in addition to the ones discussed above. If you are planning to outsource your project to a printed circuit board assembly service ensure that the chosen provider assures the best value for investment, and is highly experienced in building assemblies for businesses of your type. Janssen Engineering Group is one of the leading contract PCB assembly manufacturers in the US specializing in prototyping, pilot production, and high-volume production.